Summer should be longer

Henry Zimmerman

Students all around the nation are in school for around 10 months a year and have two or three months off for summer. Summer should be longer because it gives students more freedom, time to be a part of American culture and time to spend with their friends and family. 
One reason summer should be longer is because it gives kids way more free time at home opposed to going to school all day and having to do homework after school. Pewresearch.org conducted a study that shows teens socialize a lot less when they are in school versus when they are out of school. When teens aren’t at school, they can do productive things such as getting a job or getting involved in the community.   
Another reason summer should be longer is it gives teens a chance to get involved in their community and even be a part of American culture. One example of people being a part of American culture is by supporting local businesses or going to the park with family or friends.  
A third reason is that students don’t have to stress about extra schoolwork or loads of homework that they have put off till the last minute.  
According to debate.org, “Summer should be longer because it is boring at school and too much stress at school and we only get 3 months of summer. With stress and anxiety going up at a rapid rate among students, it’s not healthy for teens to have a lot of stress without a lot of rest.” 
The final reason summer should be longer is because students get to take a break from everyday school life and just enjoy life. Teenic.com states that it is relaxing and just important to spend time and friends and family as it is to spend time in the classroom.  
Summer should be longer. Students get to become a part of American culture, get to take a break from school, and get to have more freedom without stress or any other school-related problems.